Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What's For Dinner?

My kids loooooove Tuna Helper. They thinks it's a delicacy. Who knew? Maybe it's because I started them out on Salmon Fetuccini. We all love this. This is a recipe that I got from my Uncle Arthur a while ago. I fell in love with it and we never get tired of it. It's fast to prepare and make. Want the recipe?

1 Small salmon filet
Equal parts chopped basil and garlic (I like about two tablespoons at least, I love garlic)
1 Pat of butter OR 1 1/2 tblsp of olive oil
1 tsp of Lawry's Season Salt
1/4 tsp of garlic powder, onion powder
6 ounces of heavy whipping cream
1/2 teason of dried rosemary
1/8 tspn of black or white pepper
1 lb of fresh fetuccini

Season the Salmon Filet lightly with Seasoned Salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and rosemary. Broil under oven's broiler for about 10-12 minutes or until filet is cooked through.

In a medium to large wok, saute garlic and basil in the butter or oil and set aside. When the Salmon is done, shred the flesh only into the pan with the garlic and basil, then add the whipping cream. Bring to a light boil, cover and simmer for about 5-8 minutes. Season with Lawry's to taste.

Boil your pasta, rinse, drain, and pour directly into the salmon sauce you've just made. Toss well. You can use the extra basil by mixing it with a nice green salad.

See, I told you that was easy. And so, so, good.

No comments: