Monday, July 31, 2006

Well, I'm almost done with the cable sweater for HP. I just have to assemble the pieces and do the neck edging. I'm on pins and needles because the pattern is originally for an adult. I made it a toddler size by using fingering/DK weight yarn and smaller needles. I'm trying to wet block, but I feel as if I'm doing something wrong. I've completely submerged the pieces, but the edges are still kinda curly. Thank God they're at least the same size. It took so long for me to get this far because I was working on a tank for a friend. I hope she likes it, but I'm glad to be getting back to my own projects. While waiting for the blocked pieces to dry, I've started on a pair of great fingerless gloves that I got from the knitty.com website. These are perfect for someone like me with ice cold hands in whatever kind of weather. Since I'm new at knitting, I'm being challenged in several different ways. 1. Knitting in the round, 2. Knitting with double pointed needles, and 3. Knitting cable after cable after cable. I think I've overcome all of them nicely, but I'm a little worried about adding the thumb. I've read ahead and I don't understand the instructions . Oh well, wish me luck! Next I'm going to start a cute shrug made from ribbon yarn. The project looks like it will work up quickly. It seems perfect for the office AC. I swear, I have to coordinate every outfit with a jacket, and I get tired of wearing the same ones over and over again. After that, I'm finally going to get started on my Green Gable Sweater. I had to learn how to knit first. And low and behold, by 2:00, Monday 7/31/06, the left hand. Great stash buster. It was the last ball of yarn left over from the Zig Zag skirt.

No comments: