Sunday, July 29, 2007

Home Stretch and Finally, Success?

The Coachella is almost done, just a few more inches. However, I must admit that it's hard to stay interested in the knit stitch for long periods of time.

So, in order to cope, I cast on for Flower Petal shawl.


I didn't even want to mention that I was thinking about it cause I didn't want to jinx it. I've been struggling so much with lace, and I really think this will be my first successful project. It's going smoothly so far, although this is the second time that I cast on. It's the placement of the four stitch markers that are so helpful. I'm counting every stitch, and the markers make it so I never have to count past ten. This was a problem with some of my other projects. I just couldn't figure out what I had done. Common since should have told me to place my own markers. Now I know.
I think I'll be finished with both projects by the end of the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, that shawl is coming along lovely. I hope you can finish both projects by the end of the week.

Sheila said...

I thought I added you to my google reader... you've posted 3 times... and knitting up a storm... Talk to you later... gotta add you to my google reader.