Friday, February 02, 2007

I'm still, as my son would say, "Yarning." I just had to incorporate a little bit of living life into my yarn experience. Me and HP had to make a quick stop by the surgery center. Nothing major, and she was a champ. Note about HP: She wouldnt' have been a good first baby. She's always been too independent and is pretty much down for whatever (that's anything that something that doesn't have to do with animals). So, I guess the whole process went down as smoothly as it possibly could have. They kicked us out immediately after she woke from anesthesia. And I mean immediately!

Although I was working on it in the hospital, I paused on the sweater to make myself an office scarf. I started a new job, and although most offices tend to be on the chilly side, these folks like it hot, which is alright with me. It's quite comfy in there, but I still like to keep my decolletage covered. This is the Ruffles scarf from the Scarf style book in Ella rae, Amity.

And, although it doesn't look like it in the book, the coils are quite "grabby." So, I thought that it would be a good idea to make a smaller version for HP. Just twist the ends and it stays snug. I did hers in Paton's SWP. It's a 70/30 soy-wool blend. I've wanted to try this yarn for some time. I think it worked out nicely. It feels pretty soft to me but she complains sometimes that it's "ouwee". I think that means itchy. But she likes it cause the style makes her feel a little grown up. He-he-he.

No comments: