Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Resurrection Sunday

You know, I just realized that this very special day is quickly coming upon us. I love this time to really reflect upon the sacrifice that that man Jesus made for us. It's hard to explain how believing in this man can bring so much power to your life. It's just something that you have to try for yourself.

Another thing that I like about this day (and don't act like you don't too), is the opportunity to dress up Teddy Bear!! Woohoo!

I really love the fact that church attire has become so relaxed these days. But, that makes dressing up even more fun. Some days I just gotta kick plain Jane out the door and do it big. After all, this is why I had a girl. Yes, I willed those chromosomes into that fetus.

Here's a few ideas I have so far. Can you help me choose a look?

No. 1

No. 2

No. 3

No. 4
No. 5

No. 6 I don't like any of these, keep looking!

I'm not stuck on sleeveless, I think I'm just drawn to it because it gives me a chance to add my own hand made embellishments. These styles are pretty mild and I may find something a lot more busy in one of those discount stores. I like the busy dresses, the ones with way too many spring like details embroidered in, because we can use them later for art in her room. Yes, there are dresses on her walls as art. The range in size from 3 months to 18 months, and it's time for a couple of new ones. The Christmas dress is going up there, but I just need to get some more complementing hooks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woooo, this is tough! I finally narrowed my faves down to #4, followed very closely by #1. Tough, tough.

It's hard now to find little girl dresses like this. You usually have to sift through all the Britney/Mary Kate-Ashley/Fergie clothes first!

Still Patrice said...

ummm I like #2 best! lol

Sheila said...

Thanks for stopping by. I through that vest in the washing and it was dry this morning - perfect ensemble. My Favorite dress is No. 2... talk about totally GORGEOUS and my second choice is No. 4. I like the idea of you using her dresses as art work... very creative.

Jada said...

I am liking 3 and 4!I have a little girl too and I love dressing her up!

Anonymous said...

They're all so cute! I like number 2 as my 1st choice, and 1 as the 2nd choice. Have fun dressing up!

Nashe' said...

1 and 4 ....how nice to dres up and the dresses on the wall sound very interesting. I save my sons old shirts and i will make them each a quilt from them when they leave the nest ....

Susan said...

Number one has great details if you keep looking. From the sheer lining over the fabric to the textured top porition. Simply gorgeous.

Sahara said...

I like no.s three and six. Three is playful, and six is understated. Beautiful!