Monday, May 15, 2006

I haven't been crocheting as much as I'd like to. I don't know where my motivation has gone. However, HP got a chance to wear the tank. She was very pleased with her outfit that day. Telling everyone to look at her top and skirt. Hmmmm, I guess humility is not something that already comes embroidered in the fabric of our DNA. She did look cute that day, and we had a nice time hopping about town running errands. Many who know me, after meeting my daughter frequently comment on how much character I had as a child (they don't put it this nicely). But, I don't ever remember doing the types of things she does. Sure, I gave my fare share of back-talk. But this child, oh my God! She was upset that I put her in timeout, and decided to protest by pulling out her hair. Why would she do something like that? At age 2, can she already know me well enough to know on just how deep a level this type of behavior disturbs me? Pray for us, please. To try to manage some of the many stresses in my life, I've decided to plant a garden. Granted, I'm not doing it whole heartedly. I've cleared out some weeds in the yard, and am going to see what the sandy soil will do. I fertilized too. In a few days, we should start to see something. I can already see the tiny lettuce sprouts. It's hard getting out there in the sun, even though we're covered with sunscreen and insect repellent. The kids seemed down with helping at first, but HP just wanted to through dirt everywhere and DJ spent most of the time running away from nature. I have to admit, there is a bit much of it out there sometimes. I get tired of having to constantly look over my shoulder. Seeing a snake cross your path ain't no big thing. And there are plenty of these fence lizards around to feed them, not to mention the mice. Well, hopefully we can enjoy the fruits of our labor. I'm kinda scared though, because there are still so many signs of construction work out there. I could barely dig in spot where there weren't some rusty nails or staples or something. Didn't they keep track of this stuff? Well, one of the real reasons crochet has been on hold for now is because I'm trying to learn how to knit. Sure am. I'm learning the hard way that fixing a mistake is not as easy as ripping out a row. I want to learn so that I can make some cute sweaters for DJ. There just aren't that many crochet patterns out there. I tried when he was like 5 (my own design), but after trying it on, I decided that it looked too much like it was for a girl. So, I gave it to Dom. I wonder if she still has it. I"ll talk to you again soon, and I promise sooner than a month from now. Ta ta.

No comments: