Saturday, July 12, 2008

Baby Daddy

I rarely get "this is your day" gifts. I was about to say never, but that's not completely true. My big brother may send me some cash every once in a while on my birthday or mothers day, and this year he had the nerve to send me some dresses. He gets bored in stores and ain't good at being the man who sits and waits. I like two out of three of them and even get compliments. I've always thought my lack of gift receiving had something to do with me, and it probably does to an extent. But, when I met a single father who didn't even get a father's day gift, my feelings were hurt all over again for some reason.

I designed this hat for him, and named it Baby Daddy. In part because that's who he his but also impart to Michelle being called Barack's baby momma and all the fuss it caused. The terms Baby Daddy and Baby Momma ain't all bad. Many of us are just really good parents (the one who stayed) who don't even get gifts on Mother's or Father's day. Well I wanted to do something about that.



I made a wine sock out of the extra yarn.

wine sock

I really am lazy about blogging about the yarn, needle and pattern details, but if anyone wants to know I'll comment about it. I may even write the pattern down if you want me too, even though ownership of the design was part of the gift.

7 comments:

urbanknitrix said...

Very pretty. He will love the gift. Great job as usual.

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you! He'll love it for sure. It's sad when the good fathers and mothers don't get atleast a little recognition to make them feel special now and then.

Still Patrice said...

sucha pretty blue!

Sheila said...

That was so kind of you and great hat btw.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see your pattern notes!

NikkiJ said...

@Christy: Oh alllll right. You gotta give me a minute. I have a final on Thursday.

Kamika said...

These turned out lovely. That blue is really pretty!